Cleantech Companies Invited to Compete for MetroConnect Prize
Cleantech companies are invited to participate in the MetroConnect Prize, an important component of the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation’s Go Global San Diego initiative. It provides small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with the resources they need to take their business to the rest of the world. SMEs represent the vast majority of businesses in the region and are responsible for much of the innovation and job creation activity that propels our economy. The success of these firms is critical to the region’s future, and increasing their global reach is crucial to that success.
MetroConnect will provide each selected company up to $10,000 in matching funds to cover up to 50% of the costs associated with the company’s next step to going global. Thanks to support from JP Morgan Chase & Co. the MetroConnect Prize will award at least 20 companies trying to take their innovating products abroad, secure strategic partnerships and boost international business that ultimately translates to increased economic activity in San Diego.
Companies will have until December 15, 2015 to utilize the funds provided by MetroConnect. Firms that spend the funds by October 31, 2015 will be eligible to participate in a demo day and pitch competition where winning companies will receive up to another $10,000 each in matching funds to continue their efforts for increased global engagement.
In order to be considered for grant funding, companies must meet all of the following conditions:
- Defined as an SME by SBA size standards found at 13 C.F.R. Part 121: http://www.sba.gov/content/part-121-small-business-size-regulations-1
- Has at least three employees
- Has been in business for not less than one year on the date on which the application is submitted
- Have a product/service manufactured in San Diego or made outside San Diego where San Diego will derive significant benefits from increased international sales or investment
Learn More and Apply
- Check the San Diego Regional EDC blog for updates about MetroConnect
- Refer to these FAQs and contact Efrem Bycer at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions
- Online Application