A Path to Cleantech Careers
Cleantech San Diego is participating in the San Diego County College and Career Readiness Consortium, a program in partnership with Junior Achievement, United Way, and San Diego Workforce Partnership to increase opportunities for students to prepare for college and a career. As a partner of the Consortium, Cleantech San Diego helps generate learning opportunities within San Diego’s regional cleantech sector for students in grades 8-14. Cleantech San Diego is seeking help from the business, civic, and nonprofit communities, on behalf of the school districts in San Diego County, to provide students with real-world experiences through work-based learning experiences.
- Equip future workforce with 21st Century skills
- Develop a more robust talent pipeline
- Access a diverse and innovative workforce
- Branding opportunities, increased name recognition, and positive press
- Economic development that boosts business prospects
Work-Based Learning Opportunities:
Work-based learning is defined as a learning experience where students have a direct interaction with employers and workforce professionals providing students the opportunity to become more aware of careers, explore those careers of interest, and prepare for those careers.