Climate Action on the Shoulders of Science and Industry: A San Diego Story
September 13 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 pmFree
This is an official Global Climate Action Summit Affiliate Event.
How Cities are Working with Industry to Embrace the Benefits of a Clean Energy Economy
It is a proven fact in San Diego, California, and beyond that we no longer live in a time when economic growth has to come at the expense of the environment. The technologies already exist that will transform our energy future, and the market is already showing that today’s consumers and citizens are on board.
Today more than ever, regional cities, universities, and local institutions are carrying the torch in the fight against climate change, and in many ways the San Diego region is taking the lead. We are fortunate to be part of a community in San Diego that values innovation, sustainability, and collaboration.
Driven by this forward-thinking spirit, our stakeholders in technology companies, government, academia, nonprofits, and the military are committed to shaping a positive clean energy future for San Diego and the world that will carry us into the next decade and beyond.
This regionally-focused affiliate event will showcase San Diego’s clean energy and climate action leadership, recognizing the immense power it has to both strengthen the economy and preserve the planet as a safe home where our children and grandchildren can also prosper and thrive.
- The Honorable Serge Dedina, Mayor of Imperial Beach and Executive Director of Wildcoast
- Peter Zahn, Councilmember for the City of Solana Beach
- Margaret Leinen, Ph.D., Director of Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Vice Chancellor for Marine Sciences, and Dean of the Graduate School of Marine Sciences at UC San Diego
- Jason Anderson, President and CEO of Cleantech San Diego
- Cody Hooven, Chief Sustainability Officer for the City of San Diego
- Nicola Hedge, Director of Environment Initiatives for The San Diego Foundation