Infocast Presents: Community Choice Energy Summit
January 22, 2020 - January 24, 2020$695 – $2190
Cleantech San Diego is a supporting organization of Infocast’s Community Choice Energy Summit.
Cleantech San Diego members receive 10% off registration with discount code 203322.
CCAs will be procuring a quarter of the 3.3 GW load call for California. Major cities in Southern California are forming their own CCAs, including Los Angeles joining with dozens of cities, San Diego and South Coast beach cities, while the City of Long Beach has completed its Feasibility Plan. Among the nitty gritty business and complex policy issues all CCA’s are wrestling with are:
- Joint powers authorities and CCA renewable procurement: recent deals, questions, and special issues for newer CCAs
- How will the PG&E bankruptcy change CCA-utility relationships going forward?
- How CCAs are utilizing DERs, microgrids, storage, and data management platforms to promote wildfire resiliency and facilitate renewable integration
- How can CCAs best utilize their rate-setting powers and engage their communities?
- Resource adequacy – impacts of CCAs of new CPUC local adequacy plans and role of CCAs in central procurement scenarios
The Community Choice Energy Summit 2020 is the opportunity for CCAs at all stages to gather, network, and discuss their future roles in California energy. Discussions and case studies will focus on providing CCAs with the most up-to-date information on the impacts of the PG&E bankruptcy, regulatory initiatives, and optimizing internal governance strategies for successful operations.
Attend the Pre-Summit Workshop: DER Integration for Local Resiliency to hear what CCAs are doing to enhance local resiliency with microgrids and DERs, and how they are overcoming the technical challenges of DER integration and data management. Plus, take part in a 2-hour educational seminar hosted by OpenADR on Facilitating DER Integration.