San Diego’s Cleantech Future: Technologies Driving 2016
On February 17, 2016, Cleantech San Diego hosted a series of presentations by clean technology companies to address questions about what lies ahead for the San Diego region’s cleantech industry. What are the most important trends to watch for and act upon? What opportunities will our industry meet and what challenges will it face? Representatives from the solar, energy storage, alternative transportation, water, and energy efficiency sectors provided their perspectives on these questions and gave insight into the future of our regional cleantech industry.
The sell-out event titled “San Diego’s Cleantech Future: Technologies Driving 2016” drew an audience of 200 stakeholders from across San Diego’s cleantech sector.
View the presentations (19 short videos):
Topics of discussion included:
- Innovation in the Built Environment
- Powering Progress of Renewable Energy Generation
- The Policy Outlook
- Leading the Charge with Clean Transporation
Featured speakers were:
- Jason Anderson, President and CEO, Cleantech San Diego
- John Arena, Business Outreach Manager, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Rick Azer, Associate Vice President, Smart Integrated Infrastructure Group, Black & Veatch
- Eric Clifton, CEO, Orison
- Niki De Leon, EVgo DG Project Manager, NRG Energy
- Dan Goodwin, Director of Corporate Affairs and Business Development, Oberon Fuels
- Troy Hinds, Senior Account Executive, Green Charge Networks
- Michael Jones, Vice President, Sales, West, ChargePoint
- Michal Koenig, Senior Director, Product Managment, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Steve Lopiano, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Power Analytics
- Laura Manz, President, Water and Energy Symbiosis Technology
- Ari Matusiak, Executive Vice Presidnet of Market Development and External Affairs, Renovate America
- Ned McMahon, CEO, PrimoWind
- Nicholas Ong, Account Manager, Intel
- Jared Quient, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, BayWa r.e.
- Dave Roberts, Fellow, OSIsoft
- Jeff Schwartz, Chair, Cleantech San Diego
- Heather Werner, Markets & Public Policy, OneRoof Energy
- Desmond Wheatley, President and CEO, Envision Solar