- This event has passed.
Electrifying Your School Bus Fleet: When and Where to Start
June 8, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join ENGIE and El Monte Unified School District, in collaboration with the California School Business Association (CASBO), for a webinar focused on orienting California school district administrators to the opportunities of school bus fleet electrification — covering all the major variables to consider and when it makes sense to move forward with a plan.
Electrification can come with a number of benefits, including a lower total cost of ownership, but thoroughly evaluating all the options alongside district transportation needs can be overwhelming. In addition, deadlines for grants and incentives are coming up fast. This webinar will cover the basics of when and where to start including:
- Conducting an assessment of your school bus fleet
- Reducing costs and carbon emissions with smart charging, solar and energy storage
- Grants, incentives, and utility rate plans
- Total cost of ownership calculations
- Approaches to procurement
- Perspective from a school district in the process of electrifying today