Energy and Water Resilience: Industry Adapting to a Changing Climate
April 15 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 amFree – $65
As climate change-related disasters such as sea-level rise, drought, and wildfires continue to become stronger and more prevalent, the need for forward-thinking technical innovation is greater than ever. In particular, is it imperative that the energy and water sectors make critical adjustments in order prepare for, mitigate, and adapt to climate change impacts that will inevitably affect San Diego communities and beyond.
Join us to hear from San Diego’s climate science and clean technology leaders about some of the key adaptations being made by the energy and water industries in order to meet our region’s changing climate with resiliency.
- Jason Anderson, President and CEO, Cleantech San Diego (moderator)
- Brian D’Agostino, Director, Fire Science and Climate Adaptation, SDG&E
- Jacqueline DeRosa, Vice President Battery Energy Storage Systems, Ameresco
- Mike Firenze, Director, Webcor
- Jamie Garrett, Business Development Strategist, Engie Services U.S.
- Dr. Mark Merrifield, Director, Center for Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
- Brendan Reed, Director, Planning & Environmental Affairs, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- Meena Westford, Special Projects Manager, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Cleantech San Diego Members: Free
- Non-Members: $65