- This event has passed.
Scripps Innovation Webinar: Blue Innovation in San Diego
June 3, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
The San Diego Region boasts a growing innovation economy and a unique brain trust of oceanographic resources and expertise. San Diego’s existing port infrastructure, burgeoning scientific and naval communities, growing technology economy, and geographic location have all contributed to the region’s Blue Economy and have created a unique hub for maritime innovation and a blue technology community. How do new businesses leverage these assets crossing the valley of death from idea to industry? This panel will feature the Port of San Diego’s Blue Economy Incubator, Scripps Institution of Oceanography and Rady School of Managements startBlue accelerator, and local startups that have successfully navigated these waters to develop their products and grow their businesses. Attendees will leave the seminar with a snapshot of the local blue innovation economy and information on how to take advantage of a selection of the region’s resources to start and scale new blue businesses.
- Gwen Nero – Director of startBlue Accelerator and Director of Corporate Relations & Innovation Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
- Paula Sylvia – Program Director, Port of San Diego Blue Economy Incubator
- Phil LeBlanc – Consultant, Port of San Diego Blue Economy Incubator
- Jack Pan – Founder & CEO, Ocean Motion Technologies
- Ido Sella – Co-Founder & CEO, ECOncrete